Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc./HBO Max(LOS ANGELES) — In a do-over of its rankings for the end of 2020, Nielsen streaming data now shows that Wonder Woman 1984 was the most streamed show for the week of December 21-27, besting Disney/Pixar's Soul.
According to the revised numbers, 2.25 billion minutes of the Patty Jenkins-directed sequel were watched, easily topping the 1.6 billion minutes watched of Soul, which had previously been logged as the most-streamed title.
Incidentally, while the two new titles slugged it out at the top, a fan favorite sitcom scored. 1.435 billion minutes of The Office was streamed on Netflix in that last week of December — before the sitcom was moved to the Peacock streaming service; its performance was good enough for the number 3 slot.
Netflix dominated that key holiday week, the records show, taking 7 of the 10 slots; only Wonder Woman, Disney+'s Soul and The Mandalorian (#5) were the only non-Netflix content to chart on Nielsen's ratings.
Disney is the parent company of ABC Audio.
Here are Nielsen’s revised SVOD [streaming video on demand] rankings for the week of Dec. 21-27, 2020:
1. Wonder Woman 1984 (HBO Max) (movie) – 2.252 billion minutes
2. Soul (Disney+) (movie) – 1.669 billion minutes
3. The Office (Netflix) (192 episodes) – 1.435 billion minutes
4. Bridgerton (Netflix) (8 episodes) – 1.204 billion minutes
5. The Midnight Sky (Netflix) (movie) – 1.113 billion minutes
6. The Mandalorian (Disney+) (16 episodes) – 1.024 billion minutes
7. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Netflix) (movie) – 705 million minutes
8. The Crown (Netflix) (40 episodes) – 700 million minutes
9. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix) (366 episodes) – 691 million minutes
10. Christmas Chronicles 2 (Netflix) (movie) – 660 million minutes
By Stephen Iervolino
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.