(NEW YORK) — Captain America: Civil War was voted by movie fans as the most anticipated action movie of the season, according to Fandango’s Most Anticipated Summer Movies Survey.
The film, which opens nationwide May 6, is currently outselling all previous Marvel movies, including the first two Avengers movies and Captain America: Winter Soldier, at the same point in the sales cycle on Fandango. It’s distributed by Disney, the parent company of ABC News.
Finding Dory was selected as the most anticipated family film — according to the ticket service, which surveyed thousands of moviegoers — followed by The Secret Life of Pets and Alice Through the Looking Glass coming in second and third.
Paul Feig’s female-led Ghostbusters reboot was voted the most anticipated summer comedy, followed by Central Intelligence and Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising.
Here’s the complete list of Summer’s Most Anticipated Movies:
Most Anticipated Summer Action Movie:
1. Captain America: Civil War (May 6)
2. Independence Day: Resurgence (June 24)
3. Jason Bourne (July 29)
4. X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27)
5. Suicide Squad (August 5)
Most Anticipated Family Film of the Summer:
1. Finding Dory (June 17)
2. The Secret Life of Pets (July 8)
3. Alice Through the Looking Glass (May 27)
4. Ice Age: Collision Course (July 22)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (June 3)
Most Anticipated Summer Comedy:
1. Ghostbusters (July 15)
2. Central Intelligence (June 17)
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (May 20)
4. The Nice Guys (May 20)
5. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (July 8)
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.