(NEW YORK) — Suicide Squad grilled Sausage Party over the weekend to remain the box office champion.
The DC supervillain film earned an estimated 43.8 million dollars in its second weekend of release.
While the total was good enough to keep it in the top spot, it’s still a steep drop from the 133.7 million Suicide Squad made last weekend to set an August debut record.
Sausage Party, the R-rated animated story featuring the voices of Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig and Jonah Hill, had a strong opening, raising 33.6 million dollars to land in second place.
Pete’s Dragon, Disney’s new remake of the 1977 original, premiered in the third spot after collecting 21.5 million dollars over the weekend.
The Meryl Streep movie Florence Foster Jenkins ended up in eighth place, with a 6.6-million-dollar debut.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to comScore:
1. Suicide Squad, $43.8 million.
2. Sausage Party, $33.6 million.
3. Pete’s Dragon, $21.5 million.
4. Jason Bourne, $13.6 million.
5. Bad Moms, $11.4 million.
6. The Secret Life of Pets, $8.8 million.
7. Star Trek Beyond, $6.8 million.
8. Florence Foster Jenkins, $6.6 million.
9. Nine Lives, $3.5 million.
10. Lights Out, $3.2 million.
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.