Home Q News Entertainment Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order Against Johnny Depp

Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order Against Johnny Depp

846

Barry King/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — A judge in Los Angeles has granted Amber Heard a restraining order against her estranged husband, Johnny Depp.

Heard requested the restraining order in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday saying in a sworn statement that Depp threw a cellphone at her on Saturday night hitting her in the face.  She also submitted a picture of herself showing bruises around her right eye.  She also alleged that Depp  pulled her hair and hit her repeatedly.

Under the order Depp must stay 100 yards from Heard and can’t try to contact her before a hearing on June 17. Attorneys for Heard and Depp had no comment.  Heard filed for divorce earlier this week.

Depp, 52, and Heard, 30, first met on the set of The Rum Diary in 2009 and married in February 2015. Almost immediately, the couple was dogged by tabloid rumors that their relationship was on the skids. Heard, however, shot down such reports late last year. “I try not to react to the horrible misrepresentation of our lives,” she told Marie Claire, “but it is strange, and hard.”

After she filed to end the marriage, citing irreconcilable differences, Depp’s rep issued a statement to People. “Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent and tragic loss of his mother [recently], Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal life. Hopefully the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly,” his rep told the magazine.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.