- MUST BE 21 TO ENTER (18 IN SOME CONESTS). MUST BE LEGALLY LICENSED UNITED STATES DRIVER/RESIDENT OR HOLD VERIFIABLE PHOTO ID.
- ONE WINNER PER FAMILY PER THIRTY DAYS. NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- POWELL BROADCASTING ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR UNAVOIDABLE AND/OR UNFORESEEN INTERRUPTIONS OF BROADCAST.
- ANY TIES WILL BE DECIDED BY A RANDOM DRAWING OF THOSE ENTRIES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. DECISION OF POWELL BROADCASTING MANAGEMENT IS FINAL.
- NO SUBSTITUTIONS OR DUPLICATION OF PRIZES. NO CASH VALUE. EVENT TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN WINNER IS NOTIFIED BY THE RADIO STATION DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS IN PERSON ONLY WITH PROPER VALID PICTURE ID. NO MAILINGS.
- WINNER SHALL TAKE POSSESSION OF PRIZE WITHIN 30 DAYS AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES AND FEES.
- WINNERS MUST ALLOW AT THE MINIMUM OF 10 WORKING DAYS FOR CASH PRIZES.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- ABUSE OF POLICY MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION LENGTH OF TIME DETERMINED BY MANAGEMENT.
- POWELL BROADCASTING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DROPPED CONNECTIONS, CORRUPTED DATA OR ANY DIGITAL TRANSFER INTEGRITY TO ENGAGE IN CONTEST. THIS INCLUDES ANY FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM OR RELATED APPLICATIONS OPERATING THE CONTEST. POWELL MANAGEMENT SHALL DECIDE, IN THAT EVENT, FINAL DISPOSITION OF THE CONTEST AT THAT TIME. UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.
- UNLESS CLEARLY STATED PRIZES ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE AWARDED. ODDS OF WINNING ANY DRAWING ARE DEPENDANT ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST ENTRIES.
- EMPLOYEES AND FAMILIES OF POWELL BROADCASTING, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNEES, SPONSORS AND THEIR SPONSORS ALONG WITH ALL OTHER BROADCAST MEDIA COMPANIES NOT ELIGIBLE. CONTEST SPONSOR REGULATIONS ALSO APPLY. SHOULD CONFLICT BETWEEN STATION, SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER ENTITY RULES ARISE, STATION RULES SHALL TAKE PRIORITY. APPROPRIATE RELEASES, IF NEEDED, ARE TO BE SIGNED.
- WINNER GRANTS POWELL BROADCASTING PERMISSION TO USE THEIR LIKENESS AND/OR VOICE IN ANY PROMOTIONAL MEDIA.
- OTHER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. POWELL BROADCASTING RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE.
Crack the Q – OFFICIAL RULES
The following terms and conditions apply for The Q102 Crack the Q
(the “Promotion”) and by submitting an entry into this promotion,
entrants warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by them.
1. How to enter
a. The Q102 Crack the Q On-Air promotion (the
“Promotion”) will begin on
Monday Sept 17, 2012 at approximately 7:00 AM and will end
on Friday Oct 3, 2012.
b. To participate in the Promotion, entrants must listen to Q102
for the cue to call weekdays (Monday to Friday only) during the
Promotion Period. Potential contestants should listen each weekday
during the Promotion Period at 7,8,9,10,4 and 5.
c. Following the airing of the cue-to-call for The Promotion, caller 12 to get through to the Station contest line at 258-1023 (or caller
selected from those registered online at Q1020nline.com will
then go through to an “Official Qualifier” and have the opportunity to
play for the cash prize. In the event that the selected caller
is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that
successfully makes it through on the call-in-line, completes their call,
and correctly gives the Five or Six digit code, will be a winner.
d. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call to win, but a listener may be a cash prize winner only once.
e. The code is not accessible to any person, including
employees of the station until the code is cracked by a listener. And the on air talent calls the “Q code keeper” to verify.
f. “PLAYERS” will be asked to enter, a 5 or 6 digit code in sequence, a (Any number between 0-9 can be
entered.) The numbers entered will be broadcast on air. For the purposes of these rules, a “Correct”
number means the right number entered in the right order of the
g. A potential winner will be determined once all 5 or 6 numbers have
been entered “correctly” (i.e. numbers entered in the correct
h. The odds of winning the “Crack
the Q” game depend on the total number of on-air attempts. The
odds of winning on round one of any game played during the
Promotion Period are 5040 to 1, and will reduce until the “Q” is
2. Eligibility Restrictions:
a. The promotion is open to anyone 18 years of age or
older Employees of Q102 and Powell Broadcasting ( the
“Station”), its licensee, members of their immediate families, each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, relevant sponsors,are ineligible to participate or win.
b. Winner must provide photo-ID upon request for
verification purposes and sign and return any required affidavit or
eligibility and/or publicity/liability release to receive his or her prize.
c. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or
fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who
do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also
delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Act.
d. Only one (1) winner per household will be permitted during the
a. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check issued which will be collected by the winner. Checks will not be awarded or processed until the winner has presented themselves at the Station, presented all the required documentation, and signed all required forms. Prize will be issued within 30 days of the competition ending; upon completion of all required paperwork. Prizes must be collected within three months of the end date of the competition on air.
b. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is collected by the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for a prize or prize certificate thereafter.
c. Persons awarded qualifying prizes will be notified by telephone when prizes are available for collection at the Q102 Studios.
d. There is no subscription, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Sponsor may, solely at its discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash due to prize unavailability or where required by law.
4. Notification of Winners:
a. Decisions of Q102 management with respect to the Promotion
are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of the cash prize.
b. Q102 is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays,
busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological
difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her
telephone call. If applicable, due to delays in Q102’s online
streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may
not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating
in on-air Promotions.
c. Q102 reserves the right to extend the end date of the
promotion, as announced on Q102 and posted on Q102’s website.
d. Winners must listen but need not be present to win.
e. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required confirmation documents of eligibility/or liability/publicity
release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize
notification is returned as undeliverable to the potential winner, the
winner then forfeits the prize.
a. Payments of all taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
b. By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the
winners’ names, voice and likeness used in any advertisement or
broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional
Q102 financial or other compensation, and where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
d. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned,
including but not limited to as a result of infection by computer virus,
tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any
other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes
technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the
Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the
e. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the
Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion
may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any
prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection
with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that
entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to
prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
g. The Station is not responsible for the typographical or the other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.