(LOS ANGELES) — Here are the films opening nationwide on Friday:
* First Man — Ryan Gosling stars as astronaut Neil Armstrong in this drama from La La Land and Whiplash director Damien Chazelle and Spotlight and The Post writer Josh Singer, chronicling Armstrong’s life and the events that led him to become the first man to walk on the moon on July 20, 1969. Claire Foy and Jason Clarke also star. Rated PG-13.
* Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween — The sequel to 2015’s Goosebumps, both of which are based on R. L. Stine’s children’s horror book series of the same name, centers on two young boys — played by Jeremy Ray Taylor and Caleel Harris — who accidentally unleash a wave of violence after finding a magic book that brings a ventriloquist’s dummy to life. Jack Black reprises his role as Stine and also supplies the voice of the dummy. Ken Jeong also stars. Rated PG.
* Bad Times At The El Royale — Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, Jon Hamm, Cailee Spaeny, Lewis Pullman, Nick Offerman and Chris Hemsworth play a group of strangers, each hiding a dark secret that comes to a head one night at a shady Lake Tahoe hotel. Rated R.
Opening in limited release on Friday:
* Beautiful Boy — Steve Carell and Timothée Chalamet star in this film — based on the memoirs by David and Nic Sheff — chronicling the struggle between a father and his drug-addicted son. Also starring Maura Tierney. Rated R.
* The Oath — Ike Barinholtz directed and stars alongside Tiffany Haddish in this comedy about a politically divided family celebrating Thanksgiving in a dystopian future where U.S. citizens are required to sign a loyalty oath. Also starring John Cho, Carrie Brownstein, Billy Magnussen and Nora Dunn. Rated R.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.